Friday, August 27, 2010

The Reach

Since the first time I heard this song, it has had some strange powerful hold on me. I still sometimes wonder why.

In sailing, the reach is defined this way:

When the boat is traveling approximately perpendicular to the wind, this is called reaching...For most modern sailboats, reaching is the fastest way to travel.




And the morning will blow away
As the waves crash and fall
And the reach like a siren sings
As she beacons and calls
As the coastline recedes from view
And the seas swell and roll
I will take from the reach
All that she has to teach
To the depths of my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Christian nationalists fear freedom

For years now a lot of us have been trying to understand why white evangelical voters remain so loyal to Donald Trump. I believe that the an...