Friday, December 14, 2007

Seven Factoids

I've been tagged by my friend James. Its a good thing there's not a time clock on these things, because he did it a few days ago and I'm just getting around to responding.

These are the rules:

1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
This is kinda fun, so here goes:

1. I've lived in one foreign country (Peru) and six states: Texas, Oregon, Florida, Minnesota, Colorado and California. I figure I need to check out the Northeast at some point so that I hit every region of the country.

2. I have some confusion about where I fit in the Myers Briggs. My results tend to be I/E,N,F/T,P. I seem to be both an introvert and an extrovert and I rely on both thinking and feeling.

3. I've always loved watching professional tennis. Lately there aren't any players that really grab my attention - but I spent hours cheering for John McEnroe to beat Bjorn Borg and my all-time favorite Martina Navratilova over the "ice princess" Chris Evert. I've always had an attraction to the "bad boys/girls."

4. I hate housework, home repairs, yard work and gardening. Nuff said.

5. I have two dogs: a 17 year old Springer Spaniel named Libby and a 1 year old shih tzu named Pax. I don't write much about Libby because she's in her last days and I have bouts of sadness hit me as I come to grips with that. She's been an amazing companion all these years. A month ago I asked a friend of mine who's a "dog whisperer" to come have a chat with her because its hard to know if she's in pain and/or if she's ready to go. Looks like I might have a few more months to be graced with her presence. I'll take every minute I can get!

6. I have a nack for intensity - not so much humor. I really need people in my life who help me lighten up and laugh.

7. I have boxes of Girl Scout cookies in my kitchen cabinets that are over a year old. On the other hand, a bag of Lays potato chips rarely lasts more than a day.

My next task is to tag 7 more bloggers. Since several of my blog friends have been rather silent lately, I think I'll use this as an opportunity to give them a shout out: Supersoling, Shirlstars, dove, Arcturus, spiderleaf, canberra boy, and Nanette. Hope you all are livin large!

4 comments:

  1. Hi :o)

    Today is my first time online in at least three weeks. Been real busy working overtime again. It actaully feels good, that is, after my body got over the initial shock of the old sleep deprivation and extra physical toil :o) I guess I'm what could be called an early Autumn Chicken rather than a Spring Chicken, so the old ways come at a small price :o) But Santy Claws beckons me and all other pursuits become secondary :o)

    Despite being tagged ;o)...it was nice to come here for the first time in a while and see that you were thinking of me. It means a lot Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy does that feel like karma super...that you check in for the first time the day after I give a "shout-out." These online connections are certainly interesting.

    Its so good to hear that you're out there doin your thang. Hope the holidays make those tired bones worth it all.

    I just continue to plug away at my life. My holidays will be quiet - the price I'll gladly pay for avoiding all the family toxicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,
    Your quiet holidays sound nice. Just what i might imagine of you :o) And knowing a little of your family history from your writing I can sure understand wanting to keep a safe distance, especially during a religious holiday like this one.

    It's more or less the same here...quiet, that is. This will be our last xmas here in this house, so there's an underlying, bittersweet feel for us. But it's not sad, so much as a relief...to know :o)

    I'll try and make an attempt to fullfill my tagged obligations if I can get some time to think about 7 things about me. Thanks so much ;o) winkitty wink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you pack up all those good memories - as well as the not so good - and take them all with you to your next adventure!

    I'd love to read the 7 things about you - but don't worry about the tag too much. I'm just glad to hear from you and know that you're still out there plugging away.

    I hear from scribe every now and then, and Manny stops in here occassionally (of course, he keeps the fire going at his blog!), but otherwise, we all seem to be off on our own doing real life. That's great. I just like to know that everyones ok.

    ReplyDelete

"I'd much rather be us than them"

According to the polling aggregate at The Economist, if the 2024 presidential election were held today, it would result in a tie. There'...